LaVerne Jones Gore
Masters of Public Health, MPH: Minority Health and intervention
NEOUCOM/Cleveland State University
Masters of Education, MEd: Adult Education/Counseling
Cleveland State University, Cleveland OH
Case Western Reserve Executive Management Certification
Ohio Savings Association
Bachelor of Science, Economics/European History
Pitzer College, Claremont CA.
L.A. Gore & Associates
Sr. Vice President
1990 – Present
Consulting group focusing on social marketing of both health products and behaviors with an emphasis on community based health planning and intervention.
· Designed and directed community based social marketing concepts to the National Institute of Health.
· Grant submission for University Hospitals Health Carte System (UHHS). “The Effect o Racial and Ethnic Discrimination/Bias on Health” July 2007-October 2007.
· Chief Consultant for UHHS/Key Bank project on diversity. “Identifying Barriers to Faculty Transition for Minority Residents”.
· Developed written concept as outlined by executive management. Received Internal Review Board approval (IRB) (June 2006-November 2007)
· Published Monthly Newsletter for the US Army Recruitment. “Minority Health Concepts”. (2007)
Sarah J. Harper Leadership Institute
Leadership Institute designed to enhance individuals toward corporate and personal advancement, through personal development. The institute conducts small group workshops, utilizing advanced training techniques.
· Fund raising through organizing and recruiting funds via private sector donations.
· Developed and conducted individual training sessions utilizing state of the art techniques.
· Monitor and evaluate specific activities including training sessions and implementation.
· Structured collaborative focus and working group efforts with Women in Transition.
United States Military Academy
Recruitment of students for the United States Military Academy at West Point. Speak on behalf of the Academy to various civilian audiences; parents, community members, schools and various religious organizations, to enhance awareness of available opportunities for service and education within the academies.
· Structured and marketed conferences for recruitment for the United States Military Academy, in collaboration with all other US military academies.
· Acted as Liaison for the United States Army recruitment office and the United Pastors in Mission.
· Invited participant in the Leadership conference to evaluate minority recruitment practices in the United States Military Academy.
Gore Betts & Associates
Registered Lobbyist State of Ohio; promotion of municipalities’ and organizations’ interests to State legislative and State Administrative elected representation.
· Chief Representative for the City of East Cleveland, Ohio.
· Represented various entities for State legislative input
TransOhio Savings Bank
Dept. Administrator Mortgage Services
Developed and implemented written Standard Operating Procedures manuals for the entire mortgage servicing area at major Savings and Loan.
· Developed and coordinated all training within the mortgage serving dept.
· Developed written procedure manuals for all operations within mortgage servicing
· Initiated and conducted training for all employees to the mortgage servicing division.
· Developed written standard operating procedures for customer service as they were outlined in the cooperate mission.
Security Pacific National Bank -San Diego, CA
· personnel supervision
· mortgage loan originations
· supervision of mortgage loan servicing
· Retail sales executive loans.
Ohio Savings Association- Pepper Pike, Ohio
· Sales and marketing for Individual Retirement Account’s, Keogh Plans, Investment Certificates of Deposit’s, Money Market, and Savings Programs. $60 Million in annual sales revenue.
· Staff supervision.
Cleveland Police Foundation Board member
Rona Carter Foundation former Board member
Cleveland League of Women Voters former Board Member
S.T.O.P. (Stop Targeting Our Poor) Former Board Member
Jo Ann Davidson Ohio Leadership Institute
Association of Public Health Professionals
Pitzer College Alumni Association
Considerable International Travel
Resided in: Italy, Romania
Traveled throughout Europe and Western Africa